In the last month when the weather took deep dive in between of hot surges, it was rather chilly at night so I thought I'd made something that will soothe and keep the stomach warm. I wanted to make roast chicken but it's missing that soupy side of it. So I researched and little and came up with my own version of Chicken with (40 cloves) Garlic Cloves. I hadn't got 40 cloves of garlic... (reason being I was paranoid and would my breath smell badly? I don't know...) so I reduced that and replaced with shallots and vegetables.
- 8 chicken thights
- Butter, 1 tbs
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 2 carrots, roughly sliced
- 4 baby potatoes, quartered
- 4 shallots
- 4 whole garlics
- A handful of fresh mushrooms, quartered
- Chicken stock
- A handful of Rosemary/Thyme - either one of both.
- 1/2 cup of water and mix with 1 tsp (or more) of chicken granues to create chicken stock
- Browned all the vegetable including shallots and shallots in a large pan with butter.
- Then toss in the chicken thighs and lightly browned them on all sides.
- Heat up the oven for 180C degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking dish, and toss all the vegetables around the meat. Then pour in the chicken stock till halfway (not full) of the baking dish. Then sprinkle the herbs around. Also sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hour until the chicken and garlic are very tender. If you would like the vegetables to be more browned and crispy on edges, you may remove the foil after 1 hour but keep an eye on the stock level as it tends to dry up. You will need to add in more stock if that's the case.
Just look at that... it is absolutely too gorgeous to be eaten. I absolutely love this photo!