While making the beef bulgogi, I tried to prepare a side dish to go with it. Immediately I thought of Korean Pancake aka Pajeon. It doesn't require much effort at all, except for slicing up the vegetables.
Here's how to do it:
- 1 cup of scallions - sliced finely to 5cm long
- 1/2 cup of carrots - sliced finely to 5cm long
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt, sugar and pepper
- Make a batter by mixing all ingredients in, including the salt, sugar and pepper
- Heat up a tablespoon of oil on a pan. When it's heated up, using a ladle, scoop one ladle of the batter onto the pan and make sure it is spread evenly and thinly.
- While the pancake is cooking, press it with spatula to brown and crisps it.
- Turn over to the other side after 2-3 minutes. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes as well.
- Serve it hot.